Whilst it seems summer is only just behind us, now is the time to get ready for winter. Here is a short list of things to do to be prepared.
- Get your furnace inspected and cleaned, the more efficient it runs the cheaper it is to heat your home.
- Buy filters for the furnace now and replace the old one.
- Clean the registers/vents, this will keep down any allergens that may have built up. If you have not had the ductwork cleaned for a while have it cleaned professionally.
- Have any chimneys and flues professionally cleaned, this will avoid any chimney fires.
- Clean the gutters and downspouts.
- Fit gutter guards. (I have two freinds who are inspectors who disagree on this. One is for gutter guards, the other thinks they cause other problems. Your choice)
- Direct downspouts away from the house and replace or fit extensions if necessary
- Turn off outside faucets and drain
- Drain garden hoses and put away.
- Wash, dry and store or cover outdoor furniture, grills and any planters that might be affected by ice and snow.
- Check timers on your lights as the evenings draw in.
- Check your insulation.
- Cover any exposed pipes.
- Add weather stripping to doors.
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
Good luck and stay warm and dry this winter.
If you are buying or selling on or around Tredyffrin Easttown or along the Main Line we can help you, contact us or connect
Feel free to subscribe to our blog to stay up to date with our latest posts and information on the Tredyffrin Easttown and Main Line Real Estate Market.