Selling a Philadelphia main Line home has now become a multi round game of negotiation.
1) Agreement of sale
4) Walk thru prior to settlement
For those who think a buyers agent does nothing you as a buyer cannot accomplish on your own remember as a buyer you are emotionally invested and sometimes to negotiate well you need to be calm, cool and relaxed. You focus on your goals alone while a good buyer's agent will dig to discover what the sellers goals might also be so that both sides reach settlement achieving most if not all their goals. They can advise you on value and price so that you don't overpay but also you don't miss a home that might seem expensive but which is packed with value due to location, features and benefits compared to other homes on the market.
1) Experience framing an agreement of sale to be as attractive as possible to a seller, whilst also achieving your goals takes skill and an agent handles this multiple times a year if not a month. There are many elements to an agreement, not just price. A good buyer's agent will think of things you don't because they do this more often, and also see offers presented to their own sellers as well.
2) After inspections, presenting a balanced reply to the seller also takes skill, knowing what to ask for, and your agent can provide advice on what is acceptable to request and where you may be pushing the limits. Just because an inspector mentions twelve items you are not necessarily going to ask for credit or repair to all twelve.
3) Even after wrapping up the home inspection, there comes another round if the home does not appraise. As much as prices have been rising, there is still a chance a home does not appraise, and this may involve another round of negotiation with the seller to achieve your goals of reaching settlement.
4) Finally, issues do sometimes arise at the pre-settlement walk through. Again, an experienced agent can often defuse a potential deal breaker due to their experience and ability to get issues resolved quickly or negotiate a workable deal so settlement can go ahead.
So before you consider going it alone, or using the listing agent whose duty is to the seller, think again and get the benefit of using your own buyer's agent to represent you when buying a Philadelphia Main Line home they provide a ton of value helping you get to settlement and miving into your new Main Line home.
If you are buying or selling on or around Tredyffrin Easttown or along the Main Line we can help you, contact us or connect
Feel free to subscribe to our blog to stay up to date with our latest posts and information on the Tredyffrin Easttown and Main Line Real Estate Market.