When it was a strong seller's market, do you remember that, we had countless seminars on how to write an agreement of sale that was attractive to the seller. Well, now we are in a strong buyer's market and what can we do to help our sellers make their home or their counter offer attractive to a buyer. Here are just a few that I have thought of, if you know or think of others let me know.
- Before listing your home have it inspected, find out what might be wrong and get it fixed. Make that inspection report available along with receipts for repairs to any potential buyers. A good idea even if you are not selling your home is to get an inspection say every 5-7 years.
- Have your home staged, how you live in a home is not how you sell a home. It is not just a matter of clearing clutter but making your home the most attractive home on the market. A small investment can bring big rewards.
- Provide a home warranty for 1 or 2 years if your heater and a/c are older, remove the fear of the cost of repairs for the buyer from the equation. there are many home warranty companies and each warranty works slightly differently so investigate or ask your realtor what is best.
- Think about paying for the transfer tax for the buyer. It may be only a small concession 1 or 2% but it can add up on top of all the other closing costs.
- Closing costs, if the mortgage company allows it the seller can give a seller assist towards closing costs, especially helpful for young couples who may be stretched with rising interest rates and a lack of savings.
- Pay down the mortgage to help the buyer with a lower rate and help them have a lower rate.
- Price it right to begin with, think about how buyers search and try to be the cheapest in the bracket.
Any other ideas? let us know.
If you are buying or selling on or around Tredyffrin Easttown or along the Main Line we can help you, contact us or connect
Feel free to subscribe to our blog to stay up to date with our latest posts and information on the Tredyffrin Easttown and Main Line Real Estate Market.