Real estate is often said to be all about location, location, location. I was reading something this morning which was talking about perspective and seeing things from a different perspective or view. It got me to thinking about changing your view or your location.
I realize also how we talk about things can change how people view things. I remember when I was at the doctor and discussing some test results a few years ago he presented them as "there is 30% or greater chance this is aggressive". That did not sound good. But later, when I thought about it, I thought so there was a 70% or less chance it was not aggressive. How it is presented will affect us.
The same goes for news, politics, opinions etc. If we are able to change our perspective and see things from a different angle of from a different viewpoint we may be able to hear what others are saying. Ron and Alexandra Seigel wrote a couple of days ago about listening from the heart or from the mind.
For many years I listened from the mind. Always waiting to jump in with my wonderful opinion, and wanting to "WIN" the discussion or conversation. It took a while for me to learn to listen fully, to actually try and hear what the other person was saying. To listen from my heart rather than my mind. A change of perspective.
What could you do differently if you changed perspective, looked at a situation differently.
I always say to people who tell me that something is impossible, if you break that down it becomes I'm possible! a different perspective. The 4 minute mile was always thought impossible, till it was run, then others began breaking the 4 minute mark as well.
Are you limiting yourself because you are seeing something from the same old vantage point. Can you shift and see it from a different perspective?
Many coaches encourage you to look back from a position of having succeeded and think about how you got there, then set up a plan to complete those stages. A different perspective than looking ahead and thinking how do I get there.
I am writing this for myself as much as for anyone. What do I need to see differently? How can I change my perspective? What would I do differently if I looked at it from a different perspective.
Just some random thoughts and musings for a Tuesday morning. What will you look at differently?
Do you believe you cannot buy a Main Line or Tredyffrin Easttown home? Maybe you need a different perspective or to just know the options. Contact Nick Vandekar, Selling the Main Line at Long & Foster Real Estate Inc., office 610-225-7400, cell or text 610-203-4543, email Nick@VandekarTeam.com, www.SellingTheMainLine.com.
If you are buying or selling on or around Tredyffrin Easttown or along the Main Line we can help you, contact us or connect
Feel free to subscribe to our blog to stay up to date with our latest posts and information on the Tredyffrin Easttown and Main Line Real Estate Market.